All software of version 3 support server-client mode. If you set the program mode to server in one machine and set the mode to client in another machine, the client can connect to the server and use the servers database.
To set up the network communication needs a network specialist who understands the network protocols. JobCard uses TCP/UDP on port 1527. When the communication is enabled on port 1527 JobCard 3 has to connect.
In most cases the Windows Firewall or the antivirus blocks the communication.
To connect the client to the server do the following:
- Set the server side JobCard 3 mode to "Server" (Menu > Settings > Database > Mode > Change > Server mode)
- Check the name of the server computer (Menu > Settings > Database > Server settings > Server name)
- Set the client side JobCard 3 mode to "Client" (Menu > Settings > Database > Mode > Change > Client mode)
- Set the server name in the client (Menu > Settings > Database > Client settings > Change)
- Configure the Windows Firewall with Advanced Security: add incoming and outgoing rules for TCP and UDP port 1527.
- Configure the normal Windows Firewall (Allow a program or feature trough Windows Firewall > Select the javaw.exe of the JobCard installation directory
- Configure the router and the antivirus if needed.